January 11, 2008

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas. I know we're a little late, but better late than never right?

This year we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family. One of my family's Christmas Eve traditions is that the boys go skiing all day and the girls stay home and cook. Now before all you femminists gag- the girls LIKE to do this. It has always been really fun to stay home with my mom and sister and do all of the traditional cooking for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas day. Some of my favorite things are: Swedish Tea Ring, molassas cookies, and German sour cream twists. The Tea Ring is a homemade bread that is pretty much like a huge cinnamon roll. We only make it once a year, so it's always a little tricky to remember exactly how to do it. This year was especially fun because my aunt Julie and my cousins Whitney and Macy came over and made Tea Ring with us.
But sorry, no pictures of us in the kitchen :)

I gave Jayson the camera and told him to take pictures of the boys skiing and look how well he did...


All the skiiers getting geared up...



Jason, Jayson and Andrew



What a view!


Christmas Eve evening we went to my grandma and grandpa Cline's home in Alpine. It is always so fun to have a Christmas program and open Christmas jammies... Even my grandparents got some :)


The whole gang in our Christmas PJ's.

5 comments:

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Merry late Christmas to you too! Fun pictures...I'm gald you had great holidays :)

abbyjane said...

I will be the first to comment. Yay! Now let's be honest, if that were my family tradition (to stay home and cook while the men played), no cooking would ever get done...maybe a little, but it would all be gone by the time the men got home...

RaCHeL said...

No worries about being late. It's just fun to see pictures! I saw that you are coming in for a haircut this week. Yipee! I always look forward to being able to chat. Sundays just don't work the way I thought they would. :)

Jen said...

Hi! I guess we should have taken pictures of ourselves in our jammies and glasses baking up a storm! I'm glad to see a new post from you! Merry Christmas!

Jade said...

Hi you guys! This is Jade (Stott) Gibb. I found your blog through Emily Beckers blog (oddly enough I dont' even know how she knows you guys?) I just wanted to say hi. I love how blogging keeps you connected. Anyway you guys are looking great, fun to catch up via blog. You can check us out at thegibb-family.blogspot.com Take care!