First order of business is of course the premier of Twilight! Although I am not a drooling fan (therefore did not attend the midnight showing) I went with a few friends to the Saturday matinee. We went to lunch and then to the movie theater about 20 minutes before the show. By the time the show started there were probably 30+ women from the Village (our little neighborhood comprised of 90% young LDS students and their families). It was so funny to see all these married women screaming for Edward. I thought the movie was really good. I loved the books and thought the movie was a good representation of them.
Since I am a true fan I will not skip over this next item of business.... BYU vs. the stinky Utes. We went over to our friends house who has the mountain to watch the game. Most of the time it was just BYU fans, but we did let 1 Utah fan slip in for a little while. It was really exciting in the beginning and then by the end we were almost laughing as Max threw the 5th interception!!!! What happened?! I know I it's good for the conference that Utah won, but let's be honest, they did not earn that win, it was handed to them on a sliver platter by our own quarterback. No matter the outcome, we are still fans and are excited for the bowl game.
Thanksgiving! We had originally decided to save our pennies for a trip home during Christmas and stay here for Thanksgiving, (mainly since gas was expensive and we didn't know how the weather was going to be for a drive home). Well, gas is now down to $1.50 and it has yet to snow here! We were sad to be away from family but very thankful for good friends we could spend Thanksgiving with. We were also thankful for a break from work/school and to spend time together.
We had dinner with 3 other couples at our friend's house. We split up the meal items and all pitched in to make a very good Thanksgiving dinner. After dinner we watched Get Smart and Leatherheads!
I made the Clark's traditional red cabbage- it was definitely colorful!
Stephanie made these darling turkeys out of oreo's
Kiley took on the big responsibility of cooking the turkey and she did an amazing job. It was delicious!
Targhee and Jayson eating all the turkey guts (aka. neck, liver, gizzard) Yuk!
We also hit up the movie theater during the break. We saw Quantum of Solace, Twilight (ok, maybe I am a drooling fan), and Four Christmases (not very good).
That about wraps it up for us. We are now eager to start celebrating Christmas and are excited to go home in 2 and 1/2 weeks!
7 comments:
Maybe you are a drooling fan! I am excited that I am one of the "friends" in every event of your life in the last couple of weeks! :) Thanks for having Thanksgiving with us! We will have to make it a tradition!
Fun Fun! I saw Twilight on Saturday afternoon too! Great minds think alike :)
I can't believe that you've seen Twilight twice and I still haven't! Somehow the weekend got away from us and we didn't even see a single movie! We did hit some great shopping the day after Thanksgiving in St. George (I picked out my whole Christmas present from Elise at the Shade store!) and of course the guns...
We missed seeing you guys and CANNOT WAIT for Christmas break! We need to make some good plans for our little Hawks family celebration so start brainstorming!
Love you tons and I'll call with our big news Tuesday afternoon!!!
I'm glad you had a fun thanksgiving. If and whenever you guys drive home for Christmas if you need a stopping point because the weather is bad or anything let me know!!! Also twilight was pretty awesome huh? only complaint Edward's chest should have been hairless :) I know I shouldn't even noticed things like that.... I'm a married women! But still... :)
We missed you but thoroughly enjoyed Jayson's room (as usual). I'm glad you had fun and do you really like the purple cabbage? You? Missy picky eater? I think I'm the only one in the family that skips that one. We can't wait to see you both at Christmas....can't wait!
Wah Wah Wah!!! "We gave them the game on a silver platter"...ha ha ha...c'mon Julianne!! You've been listening to Jayson for too long! He knows full well that the Utes earned that win...you don't win 48-24 by luck! Hey, we can't wait to see you guys...are you coming home for Christmas? How's life in Nebraska? Is it freezing yet? Tell Jayson hi and that I'll call him. Love you guys.
Jeff and Lisanne
When are you going home? How long are you staying? I would love to see you if it works out. We don't get to Utah till New Years day though. Glad you had a good thanksgiving!
Post a Comment