September 18, 2010

Go Big Red!


Jayson and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this year and I wanted to give him Nebraska football tickets.  So I called in May, thinking I was ahead of the game... wrong. The people in Nebraska are serious about their football. The lady I talked to at the athletic department said "oh honey, we started collecting written requests for tickets in January". That's right, you have to submit a written request for what games and how many tickets you want.  Well, I accidentally left the computer screen up when Jayson came home one day and it spoiled my surprise, which turned out to be good. Jayson talked to a professor at school who has season tickets to ask if we could buy a game from him. The professor said no, we couldn't buy, but that he would give us tickets for FREE!!!

It was so fun to have an all day date with Jayson

Ginormous stadium

These were our actual seats and 
yes we were in them 120 minutes before kickoff

Sold out stadium

I just love how much he loves college football





Oh and we each got souvenirs...

not really

4 comments:

RaCHeL said...

How fun! I can't believe what good seats you had & FREE! Amazing! You know you really wanted that football purse. ;) Miss you!

katie beth said...

hi love! i cannot believe it has already been 5 years...i am so far behind! haha. i wish you and your darling fam the best. you look beautiful!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Looks like a fun time! I love your "souveniers"! So, I can't remember if I was supposed to call you back or you call me back??? Either way, let's talk this week!

Alisha said...

I love how you say, "120 minutes" before kickoff. :)You guys are awesome!! So fun you guys got to go!! Happy 5 year anniversary! That's SOOOO nuts.. Love you!