We were able to fly to Utah for Christmas break from December 16th to January 3rd. It was a much needed break from the dreary Omaha winter. Instead, we traded it in for a nice Utah winter :) Jayson loved the snow and was able to go skiing 4 times.
After we spent a nice birthday with Jayson's family we headed to Sandy to the Hawks Christmas weekend. Here are all the little girlies helping Jayson with his presents. So nice...
These two little munchkins are only 4 months apart and already best friends. Notice they both have their shopping carts/purses. They kept making each other laugh and would lay their heads back on the stairs.
We had great snow while in Utah. It snowed several inches while we were at my parents and so we bundled up the babe and headed outside. She loved watching my younger brothers shovel the sidewalks and wanted to push the shovel herself.
It was so great to see so many of my Cougarette friends at Maddie and Kaylynn's baby shower. Oh how I miss dancing with these girls. We were there for 3 hours and could have been there longer!
Christmas Eve was spent with the Clarks in Kaysville. The food was delicious (minus all the sushi), the company was even better, and the children did a great job acting out the nativity. Gracie was a very tender and loving Mary, and Savannah was quite intrigued with the whole process.
Later that evening Santa paid a visit to make sure the kids were all ready for Christmas. Savannah didn't want to go near him, but she did notice he was giving out candy. You could see the determined look on her face of "how can I get the candy without sitting on his lap?". Lucky for me, I was able to sit with Savannah on Santa's lap.
Christmas Morning Jayson was up at 5 am to make sure Santa had arrived (it's true). He snuck back into bed; without me knowing he had even left, and we all got up around 8 (more reasonable). We had a wonderful Christmas, thanks to Jay Dee and Coleen who always out do themselves to make sure we feel spoiled. It was so fun to have Natalie and Jake there with their 3 littles. Christmas is just so magical with kids. Their girls got American Girl dolls and I couldn't resist playing with them, just a little :)
A beautiful frame with Creighton's seal..
just waiting for a few more months to have a diploma in it...
This little princess got a rocking horse/chair and was in love with it. She was able to climb on and off and even got it rocking pretty good a few times. It is also a great reading chair.
It was too big for a carry on, so we are anxious to see the horse again in May when we make the big move. But for now, we know it has a good home.
Savannah wasn't much into the whole present thing (which surprised me). She mostly wanted whatever her cousins were opening at the time. She got really upset when I told her the hand warmers her cousin got, were not in fact something to be eaten... Needless to say, both mom and baby got a much needed Christmas morning nap and were happier after a few hours of rest. We had a gourmet Christmas dinner and spent the evening watching movies.
We spent a few days in Eden with Jayson's family skiing, eating, talking, baby watching, bowling, movie watching, and more eating. It was so great to see everyone.
Savannah at the bowling alley
This is the new smile. When I say "cheese" or "show me your teeth" this is what I get.
Quick poll: Who do you think it comes from.. me or Jayson?
That was pretty much our Christmas break in a nutshell. It was a wonderful break, but we are happy to be back in our little home and back to our own little schedule.
I am noticing that I am lacking in the family pictures and overloading on the baby pictures (but that's normal, right?)
5 comments:
I love her belly & pig tails! She is so cute! And yes, it's normal for blogs to turn entirely all about the chillins. :) So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe you're done with school in only a few months. Crazy!
Of course you played with the American Girl dolls! I am counting down the days until my girls are old enough to start on that wonderful (if somewhat pricey) collection! Just think of the memories!
And there's no need for a poll. That cheeser is 100% Julianne.
I'm so glad that our little girls are so close. Seeing them play together (and the picture of them sitting on the stairs together) is just too fun. Thanks for being such a great friend to our little girls, they sure love their aunt Do-lee-ann.
Ha! That smile is classic. I love it and who knows on the poll. That little lady had more personality than most! She makes me smile. Can't wait to see you guys in Feb.
I know I didn't want to leave! And how cute that your little ones are so close in age. I'm jealous! I want to start having kids so they can be close to their cousins too! Love you!! Miss you! I wish we lived closer so we could still dance together. :)
Post a Comment