- We are driving in the car to Costco one night and Jayson and I are singing Christmas songs. Savannah in the back seat, politely says "stop singing guys, no thank you," meaning she wants us to stop. After we tell her that we want to keep singing and proceed to do so, she yells at the top of her lungs "NO THANK YOU! NOT EVER!"
- As mentioned before, she calls everyone "guys" and also likes calling Jayson and I by our first names. If she can't find Jayson she will yell really loud through out the house "Jays, Jays"
- Our nativity set is just out of Savannah's reach, but if she climbs a little she can get to the figures. I told her the story about the wise men and now all the wise men and shepherds are wise men. I find the figures strewn all around the house, usually is clumps of 2 or 3 facing each other like they are talking. Her favorite is, of course, baby Jesus. The manger he lays in has been renamed and is now "baby Jesus' car seat."
- My mom lent us her living scripture vhs (yes, we still have a vhs player). Savannah loves watching the Jesus movies and will ask to watch them almost every day.
- Jayson was telling Savannah to say goodnight to mom and Sophie and she says "no father, don't take me" She has been really into calling us mother and father. I guess we have the disney movies to thank for that.
- She loves praying for Anu on his mission. Many times through out the day she slaps a purse on her shoulder and waves goodbye to me. When I ask where she is going she says "Panama."
- She has just recently discovered that she can slide the kitchen chair around the house and it gives her the necessary height to reach lots of things- she really likes to "help" when I am cooking or cleaning the kitchen and will slide her little chair and climb up to stir, cook or taste.
- She has to sleep with the door open.
- We usually pray for Dad to come home safe and so she will ask Jayson in the morning "you go to work last night? you come home safe?"
- We are driving in the car and she is playing with her doll and says "be good, lay down. do you want me to sing songs? then lay down." (Which is exactly what we say to her every night in the bedtime routine). This one had Jayson and I laughing out loud in the car.
- Recently got Dora (pronounced Doia) undies. She insisted on putting on not 1 but 3 pairs at once. She was helping me in the kitchen and all the sudden looked at me and said "oh no, I tinkled on Doia" I don't think either one of us are quite ready to tackle the potty.
- Savannah has learned her full name (first and last) and her address. Super cute.
- She has figured out that she has long hair and quite likes flinging it back and forth and tells me it is her "Rapunzel hair."
- Apparently I say "super duper" a lot, because Savannah is now saying "supey, dupey." Things are "supey dupey hot" or "be supey dupey careful" Pretty funny.
We sure love this little peanut and can't believe she is 2 1/2!
3 comments:
So fun to read all the Savannah facts as of late. Seriously aren't 2 years olds hysterical?! :) Gavin really likes Tangled too, but for the horse of coarse :) I so can't wait to see you guys! XOXO
Oh goodness...I'm still laughing out loud at all of them, especially the bedtime routine and Panama. I LOVE her and really love that she's keeping you on your toes. Times that by 3 and you will know why I'm a crazy lady 99% of the time.
I can picture her sweet little voice saying each one of these! SO HILARIOUS! That girl has personality. We just adore her to pieces.
Post a Comment