I was a little anxious to fly with both girls on my own. I kept thinking about getting all of us through security, boarding the plane, and then how I was going to juggle 2 girls for 1.5 hours. But.... we did great! I planned every possible scenario and tried my best to be prepared. Nobody wore coats and the security didn't make the girls take off their shoes. I hauled the double stroller and it was well worth it. That thing is amazing! I was so proud of Savannah through out the whole flight. She was such a big girl sipping her soda, eating pretzels and watching her Pony movie. Sophie was a little busy, but it was manageable since Sav was so good. We did have to make 1 in-flight potty trip and luckily the nice grandma next to us held Sophie while I took Savannah.
While we were in CA we spent a day in San Francisco. I haven't been there since my senior year in high school when I went with my art history group. Last time it was shortly after 9/11 and we weren't allowed near the Golden Gate Bridge- so that was a must for me this trip. It was pretty incredible up close. We also went to Pier 39 and Golden Gate Park (not quite what we expected, but not too bad). Jen and I left the sleeping girls with her friend so we could go see the Hunger Games later that night.
Golden Gate Park
The girls were not in the bridge pictures because....
They were a little bit grouchy
Pier 39's double decker carousel (and a little candy) cheered them right up
The girls loved eating in the "Jungle" for dinner. It was pretty magical.
Day 2 we relaxed at home on a rainy day and let the girls watch movies and make cupcakes. We also did a bike riding tour of the Stanford Campus (put on by Jen). The campus is magnificent. I loved all the architecture and green foliage.
Bike riding tour of Stanford take 1
(our first attempt was poorly timed- so we tried again after Lili came home from school
and the little ones had naps)
Day 3 we loaded the girls up in the truck and headed to Dublin, CA to see my 3 sweet sister in laws. It was great fun to see the cousins interact again and catch up with my lovely sisters.
Hold on tight Lili, that baby is as big as you
Who needs a minivan when you have a truck?!
Jen and I snuck into the girls' room on the last night to find them like this...
I think they were a little worn out.
Day 4 before the airport we wandered through Stanford mall- which is amazing! There were some seriously fabulous stores and I want to go back next time I visit.
We were sad to go, but anxious for our next adventure in Utah. Yes, I flew from CA to UT for the weekend so I could attend my cousin's wedding and spend Conference Weekend with family. A very pleasant surprise was that Greg, Jayson's brother, was on the same flight! He was brave enough to sit by us and ended up loving baby Sophie the entire flight. (which was a much needed break for her tired mamma)
Our trip was a huge success and I dare say I might even attempt to fly solo again. Thanks again to Jayson for making this all possible!










2 comments:
SO thrilled you and your family had a GREAT time. I LOVE the BAY AREA! Next time you visit let me know and I would be more than happy to watch your girls and Jen's girls so you both can have some fun "girl" time
LOVE and SMILES from the Bay! Heather Wright (Jayson's cousin)
Looks like fun! I'm glad your plane experience was a good one. We have one coming up and I'm SUPER nervous because I have a little busy one just like you....sheesh.
Love the pictures! Miss you girls!
Post a Comment