November 7, 2012

Max's Memorial Service

On Friday, October 12th I learned that my dear friend Courtney England Cope's 18 month baby had drown in a hot tub at their vacation home in Southern California. Courtney and I have been close friends as long as I can remember. We grew up in the same neighborhood and ward. We danced at the same studio and on the same high school team. Our lives have been on a similar path. We got married around the same time and had both our babies within months of each other. I love her like a sister.

I couldn't believe this devastating news and was just sick for Courtney and her family. I have spent many nights rocking Sophie and giving extra hugs and kisses to both my girls. I read and reread all the scriptures about the salvation of little children and really had my testimony strengthened and renewed. Courtney has been a beacon of strength through this terrible time. She has shared her testimony with so many and shared our Savior's plan of happiness that families are truly eternal.

My friend buried her sweet baby in CA where they live, but did a memorial service in UT. I knew that I had to go and see her.  It was really difficult to see all the beautiful pictures of his perfect baby face and hug Courtney's parents and Courtney and Gordon. They are such special people and will forever be blessed to have a little angel in heaven.

Jayson came with me (a week after his surgery- bless his heart) because I just couldn't bear to be separated from my family. It was a super short trip leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday afternoon, but I am so glad we went.


Alta Friends

 Sending hugs and kisses to Max


There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about Courtney and her family. I ache for her and wish that I could take away her pain. I know that I can't, but that because of our Savior's atoning sacrifice He truly knows how she feels and can help to heal her broken heart. I am so grateful for latter day apostles who are inspired and that Elder Bowen spoke in General Conference 5 days before the accident about exactly what Courtney and her family would later need to hear. 











No comments: