February 17, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day! I have always liked Valentine's (probably because it's the day before my birthday), but it is a great holiday to say I love you to all those people that are important in your life. It is so fun to work at an elementary school on Valentines. I got to make my own valentines to pass out to the kids and they gave me some darling ones as well. I was disapointed to see that decorating your Valentine box wasn't as big a thing as it was when I was little; but I guess in a politically correct world we wouldn't even celebrate holidays at school- So I was happy that we at least got to pass them out and have a little party.
I thought I would continue my mom's tradition of setting a really pretty table for dinner decked out in Valentine accessories and then put Jayson's Valentine present on his place setting. For Jayson's present I made him pajama bottoms (which is a big deal for me- the last time I remember sewing was in middle school in the TLC class. So it took a lot of time and a lot of help from my mom) and I picked up his football letterman's jacket from BYU. Although the '06 football season is long past there was a problem on the shipment or something so we had just never gotten his jacket, so I surprised him by driving to Provo, talking to the football equipment manager and sneaking it back! He was very excited about both gifts. He gave me beautiful flowers, more fabric so I can continue my sewing adventures, a pair of hot new sunglasses and snow/ski accessories. Thank you honey. I love you!




Our pizza with pepperonis in a heart shape


The flowers Jayson gave me. What a sweetheart!


My new snow gear! I guess I have to go skiing now...


The finished product. Aren't you impressed?!

2 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Wow! You did get spoiled. :) Looks like a lot of fun!

Jen said...

Well done on the pajama pants, they turned out beautifully! I'm very proud of you, now it's time for the aprons...