Well we loaded up our 26 foot rental truck on Sunday and drove to Sidney, Ne and then the rest of the way to Omaha on Monday. When we first pulled into the city I was a little nervous... we live in the ghetto. Our complex is nice (old, but nice). It was nice to see young married couples with kids running around the area. Our house is older and smaller than we thought it was going to be. When the maintenance man showed us around Jayson and I just had blank stares on our faces. After he left, we both admitted to having a pit in our stomachs. But once we got our stuff moved in, it started to feel like home (kind of). We had my brother and sister in law help us move, and I was so glad to have them there. It would have been a little overwhelming to be all by ourselves. We have great neighbors. Once we backed in the truck to unload, several people showed up to help. Our whole truck was unloaded in 1 hour! Our neighbors also brought us dinner that first night! In the first few days we have managed to hit up the zoo, walk around the temple, and start the remodeling process (we painted yesterday and are going to order new carpet and a new countertop for the kitchen today).
Hope all is well with everyone!
love,
Jayson and Julianne
Sorry this is short, but we don't have internet yet and we are just at a cafe that has wireless :) I will post pictures of the finished product once it is done!

Moving Crew

This was the lovely view for the majority of the drive.

Tired Movers

Kitchen

Winter Quarters Temple
5 comments:
Hooray...you are there and unpacked (or semi-unpacked) I can't wait for you to update your blog more often now that you've gotten me into it as well. Love you guys:)
I can't wait to see it in person!!! Things are lookin good :) Have you found the grocery store yet?! ;)
Oh I'm glad you are having such a fun adventure!! I'm glad there are kids and things are going pretty well. I'll call you today so I can hear more! Love ya!
Yay! You made it! I am so glad that everything went so smoothly. How nice of Jason and Courtney to come along and help. It sounds like you are close to some awesome people, and let me tell you that will make a world of difference. You guys are going to have such a blast. Seriously call me if you need a thing. Good luck!
Welcome to poor graduate student life kiddies! Too bad you're not in Buffalo...we could kick it ghetto-style together. I have to say that it is your loss (though you may beg to differ). The ghetto here is to DIE for--literally.
P.S. I remember that drive through Nebraska when we moved. I never knew I could be so unenthused by scenery in my life. There usually SOMETHING that is SOMEWHAT interesting to look at on a road trip, but not there.
Post a Comment