May 4, 2008

Disneyland



Hooray for late Christmas gifts! Jay Dee and Coleen gave all their kids and families 4 days in Disneyland. All 34 of us headed to Disneyland last week and it was soooo fun! We stayed at the best hotel (Disneyland's Grand Californian) and only had to walk out the front door to both California Adventure and Disneyland! As soon as Jayson and I got to the hotel, we grabbed our passes and were headed for the rides, we didn't stop until 12:30 AM on the day we had to come home (on a painful 8 AM flight).



Our top five favorite things about the trip....
5. Ryan gathering all of us to go on the rapid ride (screaming babies and all) to get switch passes (which we never used)
4. Watching some of the big boys get a little sick on the Finding Nemo ride
3. Only losing 2 children (and for not very long)
2. Girls Night Out. Hanging out at the parks at midnight with a bunch of teenagers, rollercoaster, swings, pirates, and of course Splash Mountain (x2).
1. Being all together for 4 days!


Our top five favorite rides....
5. Tower of Terror (this is Jaysons- I actually get quite nervous for this ride)
4. Splash Mountain
3. Thunder Mountain
2. Space Mountain
1. Soarin Over California


All 16 grandkids posing with Pluto.


The start of Girls Night Out.
All the girls (minus Sis and Paige who were going on a scary ride at the moment)


Around 11:30 PM we decided to hit up Splash Mountain. Being the hesitant rider that I am, I let Sis have the front on the log. It didn't matter, because the three of us in the front got soaked. We had so much fun the first time around, we decided to go again (since it was late at night and no one else was waiting). We wanted to switch seats but the lady wouldn't let us. So the same front three got soaked a second time.


Taking it for the team...

Overall it was an amazing weekend and we are so grateful to Jay Dee and Coleen for getting all of us together. We sure love you!

5 comments:

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

That's a lot of people!! What a fun trip! I LOVE Disneyland and Disney World! I've been so many times, but they never cease to make me happy :) I'm glad you had a great time!

RaCHeL said...

Wow! I never realized there were 34 of you. What a big family! The pics are great. Especially the one of you three girls soaked! I wore a poncho on that ride so I'm even more wimpy than you! :) XOXO

Mackenzi said...

Hi Julianne! I saw your blog listed on Rachel and Doug's, I'll have to get your email address so I can add you to ours. (I just made our blog private) I saw your mom at Mike's wedding last night and she said you guys are moving this weekend so good luck!

Alisha said...

FUN!! I am jealous! And his family looks so amazing! How's Nebraska?!?!? Phone date soon!!

Mackenzi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.