May 31, 2008

Tornado Watch

Well we have been in Omaha for almost two weeks and we have already survived our first tornado! Last Thursday the city was all a buzz about this big storm that would be coming through Nebraska (my mom and my sister called to make sure I knew about it and was prepared for it). There was a tornado that touched down on Thursday but it was a couple hours away from us so we didn't see much action. We did get a gray sky and some pretty serious lightning and thunder. Instead of being nervous because of the dangerous situation I was actually mad because I was watching my favorite show So You Think You Can Dance and it kept getting interrupted by the local weather man. I guess in Nebraska people can't read the strip along the bottom of the screen, they have to interrupt your show 20 times to tell you the same thing!

We have finally put away our last box (at least the ones that we are going to put away. Turns out we brought a little too much stuff). We have completed as much remodeling as Jayson can handle. We re-painted the family room and the master bedroom and we are waiting for new carpet to come. I have a few more plans of remodeling but I guess I will have to wait on those. Jayson has started school again and so far he really likes it. He is getting a lot more clinical work than he did at the U. I am still looking for a job, so if anybody has any great hook ups in Nebraska, let me know.
Here are some current pictures of our house...













4 comments:

Chatty Natty said...

Ah Jules, look at you...so cute! Keep the pics coming. We miss you guys.

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Yikes...I'm so glad you survived the tornado! Your place looks so great! I can't wait to come visit and stay in that cute guest room :) Hopefully it'll be soon!

BrittWilk said...

your house is soooo cute! i'm so glad we got to see you before you left. have fun! :)

Unknown said...

Your place is so cute! I can't believe this is the last week of school. I'm putting together a graduation and a slideshow--I'll have to send it to you. We all miss you so much! I'll call you soon to chat more, now that you're all settled in.