June 22, 2008

College World Series

Omaha is famous for two things (and two things only)


1. The Henry Doorly Zoo


and...

2. Home of NCAA men's College World Series


Since we have already been to the zoo, we thought we would hit up the CWS while it was in town. It has been crazy here since the series started about 10 days ago. There are a lot of empty property lots around our house and they have been turned into parking lots ranging from $5 to $20, depending on how close they are to the stadium. The sidewalks have been packed day and night with all sorts of people walking to and from the games. Saturday afternoon Stanford and Georgia were playing so we thought we would try and get tickets. We walked to the game (since the closest parking lot would be our own house) and Jayson was like a little kid in a candy store walking the streets with all the vendors selling all the team paraphernalia. We just scalped tickets and it is a law in Omaha that they can't resell tickets for more than the face value, so we got general admission tickets for cheap! We sat in the general admission seats for the first few innings and then moved to better seats. We were cheering for Stanford, but unfortunately they were not as good as Georgia. We had a great time baking in the sun and eating my favorite... Dippin' Dots.



Our seats in general admission...



We upgraded seats after the 4th inning




I would like to think that this is just a close picture and not a game of chubby bunny...


My handsome man

4 comments:

Kylan said...

How fun! You two are such a cute couple, and I'm not just saying that because you're my sister! Dippin Dots actually sound really good right now!

Captain Hemiballismus said...

I just got your call today and I will keep my eyes out for that letter. I would call you back tonight, but I know that the bachlorette is on and so I'll have to wait. I'm dying to talk to you about this season, though.

Erin and Corey said...

Hey you two! It's Erin Davis. Seems like you are having a blast over there! Corey and I were talking the other day how sad it was that we didn't get to see you one last time before you left. Oh well... just means you need to call us when you have are back in Utah for breaks!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Fun!! I love baseball games...mostly 'cause of the food and the sun :) Glad you guys had a good time!