June 14, 2008

Lauritzen Botanical Gardens

We live right next door to the Lauritzen Botanical Gardens and today was neighbor appreciation day, so we got in for free! We went with our friends Andy, Liz, Kjersta, and her babies, Lily and Ruby. We have been so thankful for the weather the past couple of days (not the tornados of course), it has been quite cool and not as humid...until today! Even though there was a breeze, by the time we were walking home we were all nice and sweaty! The gardens were really cool, it reminded me a lot of the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. There were pretty rose gardens, Japanese gardens, and even a children's garden (which is of course where we spent most of our time). The gardens are over 100 acres! We definitley got our exercise in for the day.




This was also part of neighbor appreciation day. These are wild turkeys that roam around our neighborhood. We have seen several walking around our house and we have even seen some walking on the side of the freeway! Guess we already know what we are doing for Thanksgiving :)




Me and Lily


Children's garden.



Ruby and Lily in the bumble bee exhibit


Jayson with Lily

4 comments:

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Fun! It looks like you guys are finding fun things to do :) Make a list of your favs and we'll hit them all up when Troy and I eventually come!

Mackenzi said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I can't believe there are turkeys just roaming around your house!

Jen said...

I'm proud of you guys for doing your one fun thing this weekend! :) Although I have to admit it makes me a little jealous to see you holding a different Lily!

Us said...

I just wanted to say hi to you guys. We are now sort of your neighbors in Arkansas. Sounds like you are doing well. Tell Jayson hi for me.
-Carrie (Morris) Rigby