We had such a great time on the 4th this year. We were especially happy that Jayson didn't have school! We went with some friends to lake Manawa in Iowa. It was really beautiful and luckily the weather wasn't too humid and the mosquitoes didn't find us.
When we pulled into Boy Scout Island (great name, huh) where we were picnicing we found this HUGE tree that had fallen over in the wind storm last week!
The girls playing Mexican Trains
The Boys watching the babies
American Flag cake
I really wanted to make this American Flag cake and Jayson actually got into it as much as I did. He ended up putting all the fruit on top. I guess I have the Food Network to thank...
3 comments:
Happy 4th of July! I love playing Mexican Train...it's my family's favorite game :) Oh, and I love that cake! I made it last year for the 4th...this year I was lazy and didn't make anything!
What a fun 4th of July! I thought about making a flag cake, but didn't. :)
Although not as exciting as the annual Pepperwood parade...it sounds like you guys had a great fourth! We definitely need to bring some dominoes to lake powell, we played mexican train a while ago and I remembered how much I like that game! Also, great job on your cake! i made it too, although I didn't think to put bananas on for the white, that looks good! See you in a week! hooray!!!
Post a Comment