August 13, 2008

Utah!

Jayson and I hopped in the car and 13 long hours later we were in Utah! The last few hours made us unsure if it was worth saving money by driving. We will definitely fly for Christmas! As soon as we got into Utah, first things first, we went to Cafe Rio. It is amazing how much we have missed it! We were in Utah for 2 and 1/2 weeks and it was pretty jam-packed busy. For the 24th of July weekend we went to Manti/Richfield for my cousin's wedding, another cousin's missionary homecoming, and so Jen and I could choreograph South Sevier's dance routine.


We also spent time with Jayson's family for the annual company lagoon day. Since his dad's company is owned and ran by mostly family it is more like a family reunion. And instead of just a day we make a whole weekend out of it. We went boating at Pineview reservoir, had a surprise 60th birthday for Jayson's mom, had a 90th birthday party for Jayson's grandpa, hit up the pool, walked around Snowbasin, and of course lagoon.

All the niece's and nephews playing on the water tramp at Pineview

Jayson and Gracie at the pool for Coleen's 60th surprise party


Jayson and a few of his brothers playing flies up in the pool. (I have almost this exact same picture from Hawaii a few years ago.) The best part is there were random kids in the pool while this was going on, if I was their mother I wouldn't want my kids splashing around the pool when 6' 4" 230 pound men were jumping up and down trying to catch a ball...


Coleen waiting for everyone to arrive at Snowbasin.


Snowbasin is so beautiful in the summer!


Jayson and I at Cliff's 90th birthday bash


Jay Dee and Coleen walking around Lagoon hand-in-hand. Don't you just love this picture?


Carie, Cass, Natalie, and me at Lagoon

2 comments:

Kylan said...

It was so much fun to have you guys here! We miss you already! I hope Michael's being good for you and that you're putting him to work! Good luck with your first day at your new job! You'll have to call and tell me about it!

Chatty Natty said...

I love that we both stole the same pics off the family website:)