September 17, 2008

Back to Real Life...

I know many of you think that we have fallen off the face of the planet, but more correctly we are back to real life :(
No more vacations to post about...
Jayson started his fall semester of his sophomore year of dental school (supposedly the hardest semester of the 4 years) and after two months of lounging this summer I finally got a job and am contributing to society (sort of). I am working at a local elementary school tutoring kids in the 5th and 6th grades. It's not quite the same as in Utah, but we are in Kansas after all, right Toto?


As for pictures, here are a few from when my little baby brother came to visit us last month.



Congrats on going through the temple last night Mikey!
Sorry we missed it, but we will absolutely be there for your farewell.





Remember When...

Jayson transfered from Snow College to BYU and decided to walk on to the football team (2004), and then met the love of his life (mwa) through a blind date, we got married, I kept dancing as a Cougarette, Jayson came to the games to watch me instead of play (2005)

and then BYU needed a long-snapper and it turned out that was one of Jayson's hidden talents (2006)
and so I stopped dancing and got to go to every home game and a few away, and I got more nervous to watch the game, than Jayson did to play?

And then...
even though we were graduated (2007) we were the only true BYU fans in the Clark family and scored the highly coveted A&Z seats for every game????

Now (2008) we are sitting indian-style on the carpet in our family room inches away from the laptop listening to the online streaming of BYU radio and trying (me, more so than Jayson) to follow the plays. (no picture here, but use your imagination)
At least it was Greg Wrubell right?

Well whatever the circumstance, we are Cougar fans through-and-through. Whether it is listening to it on-line or helping our friend pay for the lame-o Mountain so we can watch the games way out here in middle America, we will do it!

Ok friends, that is it for now from the Clark house, look for another update sometime around Thanksgiving (depending on if we have visitors of course)

10 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Did you seriously listen to the last game on the radio?? We got it on TV!! We thought you did too so we thought that is why you didn't come over!! You better be here on Saturday!! We have every one of the games now for the rest of the season! :) And you are our favorite fellow fans!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Go Cougars!! I was surprised to see my smiling face on your blog...love it :) Aren't you glad we didn't have to do kicks at that last game! Well, it was good to talk to you the other day. Troy and I need to plan a trip to come see you guys. We miss you!

Danielle said...

That post is too funny and right on! We have some die-hard Cougar fans (sorry to say I'm not one of them ;) out here in OK, who have completely uprooted their cable and changed carriers just to get The Mountain, specifically for BYU games. At least someone got to put those A&Z tickets to good use for at lease a couple of years!

Kim said...

That is so funny you guys bleed blue!!

The Four Eggs said...

GO UTES!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely enjoyed reading your BYU story! You guys crack me up and we miss you dearly! I hope things are going well in Nebraska! P.S. Your background is super cute! Where can I find something so cute? I need some serious lessons on blogging!

Kylan said...

I loved the post about the progression of BYU games. What fun memories! Have you tried finding a sports bar/grill that plays the games? That might be an interesting way to watch them! :)
Jen

Nate and Paige said...

Dont you find it odd that I(Nate) was at the BYU UCLA game while you were listenng to it on the radio??? Something is wrong there but thats how the world turns. I have to do the same here for Utah games. In fact I made a coworker sign up for the mountain and I go over there and hang with his wife and kids. Awkward

Lindsey said...

HAHA!! This is so funny cause here in Indiana we watched the BYU football games online also! I guess its what you have to do when you are a true loyal BYU fan in the midwest!

Alisha said...

I love it!! Go Cougars! Thanks for Clarifying that you are the love of Jason's life :) I MISS YOU!!! Come back to Utah! Are you guys coming back for Thanksgiving? Love ya!