April 19, 2009

Easter Weekend

As I mentioned before, Jayson and I both had the Friday before Easter off and so we decided to check out Kansas City. We made no plans, just got in the car around 10 am and started driving. We brought clothes so if we decided to stay the night we could, but we hadn't made any reservations. It was actually really fun to be in the car together for a few hours to talk and catch up. It is crazy how busy we (mostly Jayson) have been and so it was nice to finally have a minute together. Once we got to Kansas City we drove around down town and were trying to find things that looked interesting. We stopped at a gas station and the guy working there told us that today was the home opener for the Kansas City Royals and they were playing the Yankees. He told us there was no way we could get tickets because people had been tailgating at the stadium since 6 am. We drove to the stadium anyway and it is a really cool site, the Royals and the Chiefs both have stadiums within 100 yards of each other and they share a parking lot. It was pretty cool to see two huge stadiums right next to each other.
After waiting a few hours we were able to scalp tickets and be in our seats for the opening pitch. The stadium had huge renovations from last season and it is super nice. We had a lot of fun at the game and after our Royals lost we decided it was a successful trip and that we could just head home.




Jayson in between the two stadiums


I know I have lived somewhat of a sheltered life... I couldn't believe this! All of this beer/alcohol is from before the game and this wasn't the only trash can that was overflowing... Why pay so much for tickets if you are wasted before you enter the stadium?


our view of the field



Easter sunday was stake conference and it was a regional meeting with Elder Hales, Sister Lifreth and President Monson. It was a great meeting and even though it was cold I wore a new maternity Easter dress that my mom got for my birthday! I felt like a little girl, excited to be wearing a new dress.


Jayson making a few calls for church. I just thought it was so cute to see him all dressed up, with a diet coke and on the phone.



Liz and I making freezer jam last night while the boys studied

5 comments:

Kim said...

YIPEE A GIRL!!! That is so exciting! We have an instant match our boy your girl :) You look great too. And what a fun weekend!

RaCHeL said...

I love your Easter dress! Although you hardly look prego in it. :) Way to be so domestic with the jam! I'm impressed! XOXO

trudy...{and jamo} said...

hiiiiiiiiii!
this is trudy from h.s.!
i am so happy i found your blog, i am adding you to my blog list right now!

zeb.holly.van.gretchen said...

yum-your jam looks so good! i can't wait to do that this summer.

Kim said...

Hey congratulations on the upcoming baby! That's so exciting!