Since I am finished working for the summer I wanted to go back to Utah to spend a few days with family and friends and so my sister and I could do our annual choreography for my aunt's drill team. I was planning on being gone for 9 days and two days before I left Jayson and his brothers decided they wanted to go to Alaska to go fishing for their dad's birthday. He was scheduled to fly out of Omaha right after I got back, so we decided that I should extend my Utah trip. I ended up being there for almost 2 weeks! It was so fun and relaxing to have no plans and just be able to sleep in, go on morning walks, and visit with family and friends. I was able to see my high school friends, both sets of grandparents, Jayson's parents, Cougarette friends, lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Unfortunately I guess I was a little lazy and didn't take many pictures.

My aunt, mom and cousin holding my sister's girls and our nephew Rio

Catching up with my Cougarette friends

My mom and I were able to do a session at the Draper Temple and it is so beautiful! I loved it.
While I was in Utah......
Jayson is in
Alaska
The last full day with all the boys (minus one brother) and over 60 fish!

Jayson's big brother Greg feeding his fish to his Dad
Jayson had such a great time with his brothers and dad and we have 60 lbs. of fish in our freezer to prove it!
Although it was a little weird to have separate vacations I am really glad that we were both able to get away from our routine for a few days and spend time with family. I think we both came back rejuvenated and ready to buckle in and get ready for Jayson to take the boards in 4 weeks and for baby girl to join us in about 8 weeks.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you got to be home for 2 weeks! I just wish we could have been there at the same time :( You are looking absolutely adorable!
That is fun you got to stay that long. Take advantage now because its a little harder once you have a kiddo. Thats what this summer i did as much Ut and vacations as possible because two kiddos just adds to the awesomeness of flying and driving :)
Post a Comment