April 8, 2010

Croup


This poor little babe was sick all weekend so I took her to the doctor on Tuesday morning. After waiting for 30 minutes it took the doctor 2 minutes to confirm our assumptions that it was just a cold and sent us on our way. Later that afternoon/evening her breathing became pretty labored and she had an awful barking cough. After several failed attempts for her to sleep that night (including the bassinet in the bathroom with the humidifier on) we ended up in the emergency room at 4 am. The doctor said that it was croup and gave her a steroid shot and a breathing treatment. It was so sad to see my poor little baby so sick.
She has been doing much better the last few days breathing but still has a bad cough. We sure love this little peanut and are anxious for her to be her healthy happy self again soon.



A few days before, helping mom pick out new specks.




A day at the zoo


6 comments:

Mackenzi said...

Oh I'm sorry, that's so sad. I hate having sick kids. :( Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon.

Cassidy Clark said...

Oh Jules! That is so scary!!! I'm so sorry! =( Is she feeling better? Rub Vicks Vapo rub on her little feet and put socks on before you lay her down for her naps/bed - might sound odd, but it's magic. My little brothers use to get croup so bad growing up (and my sisters little boy just had it) - and this is the only thing that would help them sleep. Worked for me, too when I had a horrible chest cold while pregnant. Kiss our princess for me!
Love,
Cass

Jen and Ky said...

There is nothing worse than having a sick child. You just feel so helpless and anxious for them to feel better. So glad she's on the mend. We love you guys and will schedule a Skype date when she's feeling up to it!

RaCHeL said...

Poor little thing! Being sick is no fun! Gavin had a little cold for like 2 weeks now! I thought with warmer weather the sickies were suppose to go away! Hope she feels better soon!

Alisha said...

Sorry she's sick!! She gets CUTER and cuter every day! I need to meet her in person!! :)I just booked a flight to Utah for June 18-20...are you by chance going to be aroudn then??

Kylan said...

That first picture looks exactly like Serelle. Interesting. What a cutie.