Day of induction!
Last photo of my pregnant belly
At the hospital Thursday night catching up on my Hollywood gossip
The nurse inserted Cytotech (sp?) around 8 pm on Thursday night to help my soften my cervix. I was dilated to a 1 and only 60-70% effaced. Everything went well and I was able to sleep (thanks to some Ambien) and get my epidural around 4 am. The contractions weren't bad, but the nurse who was checking my progress was awful!! (hence the early epidural).
I started progressing on my own, without pitocin and was making slow and steady progress. At about 10 am I was at a 5. Jayson left the room (dang at&t service) to let our family know the progress. When he came back I started feeling the urgency to push. When the nurse came in at 11 am to check my progress I was fully dilated! She rushed around the room setting everything up and called the doctor. She told me not to push and wait until the dr. was here. Once the dr. was in the room and suited up he told me to push once, as practice, and then quickly told me to stop. I pushed one more time and the baby's head was out, one more push and baby Sophie was here! The chord was wrapped around her neck twice and she took a minute to start crying. It was a bit scary for a minute, but she quickly started crying and the dr. laid her on my chest. It was so neat to have her so close to me so quickly.
We spent an hour and a half in the delivery room making sure Sophie's temperature was up and getting all her testing done. I felt like a million bucks thanks to the epidural and was actually able to feel my legs and get up an hour after delivery to walk around.
Sophie Clark
April 22, 2011
8 lbs. 6 oz. 21 inches long
11:27 am
They wheeled us to the post partum room and we enjoyed the next few hours staring at our brand new baby girl. We had a few friends come visit us and my mom flew in that evening. Savannah was really cute meeting her new sister. She was a little nervous at first, but warmed up pretty quick and kept saying "hold it, hold it." Meaning she wanted to hold the baby.
Dr. Khandalavala
(whom I secretly have a crush on)
Savannah meeting her new little sister
We have had a great week so far with baby Sophie. She is eating great and sleeping pretty well (4 straight hours last night!) Savannah has been very sweet with her and wanting to always hold and kiss her. Every morning she asks where Sophie is, and occasionally she will just say "I wov you Ofie." My mom has been amazing this week and we wouldn't have been able to do it without her! She has kept Savannah occupied, cooked and cleaned for us, done laundry, and given us lots of support and encouragement. I am sooo glad she was here and will be sooo sad to say goodbye tomorrow.
We love you baby Sophie and are so happy you came to our family!






13 comments:
Oh, how I've been looking forward to this post! Even though I've already seen most of the pictures, I just love looking at them again! Congratulations on such an easy labor/delivery...what a blessing! I can't believe your little Savannah is the big sister now, what a little cutie!
...previous post from Jen!
I love it all! She is such a cutie. Savannah looks so precious with her new little sister. SOOOO happy that everything went well. Love you!
congratulations! i've been blog stalking you for weeks waiting to see her! she's perfect and beautiful and chubby. i love her!
and i'm so glad she came out so fast! your labor was almost identical to mine with van. loved the "slow progress... oh wait it's time to push!" and the easy pushing part! :) hope you're feeling great!
Congrats!!! So happy for you and love the name choice. You are looking quite amazing before and after delivery. Savannah looks like the cutest big sister. Godd luck with 2, you will be awesome!
Congrats! She is beautiful! Savannah is so cute with her.
I love all of your pictures and I love that you always get a picture with Dr. Jimmy. :) He is the best! Ears and all. :) Sophie is beautiful! :)
she is amazing! such cute documentation. can't wait to meet her :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Wish you all MANY Happy, Wonderful, Loving and FABULOUS Years, Moths, Weeks, Days, Minutes and Seconds with your new baby and family. Lots of Love and Smiles from the Bay
congratulations, what a beautiful baby :)
Oh my goodness! I have not been up on checking blogs lately and I had no idea that you had your baby!! Congratulations! I'm so so happy for you guys. Sophie is adorable and I about died seeing the pictures of her and Savannah. I also laughed when you mentioned Savannah saying "hold it, hold it" because Kyla says that all of the time now so I could totally picture that happening. So cute. You have a darling little family!
She is SOO CUTE!! Congrats!! You're a mom of 2!! I love it!! And of course you look great right before and after! I love that Savannah loves to give her kisses. SO CUTE!! Lov eyou! Hope you are still doing well now!!
yay! congrats on the sweet little new addition. sophie is beautiful, and the photos of her & savannah are seriously darling. so happy for you and your sweet family. love you!
Post a Comment