January 7, 2012

Christmas Vacation

This was our first Christmas in the real world where we did not have a luxurious 3 week school break. However, the great thing about working for family is that they allow you to take a 1 week break. It was almost just as luxurious.

We left ID on the 23rd and headed to UT to spend Christmas with my family. We had a great time skiing, baking, sleeping, watching movies, eating, ice skating, talking, and of course, more eating...

After the Hawks celebration we headed to Eden, UT to spend a few days with the Clarks. We had a great time skiing, eating, bowling, movies, games, and...barfing.  Unfortunately a little bug made it's way into our family gathering and almost everyone got hit with a sick tummy. Poor Savannah had never thrown up before and didn't know what to do. The worst part was that I wasn't there with her (grandpa was babysitting so the adults could play games- I felt awful). Savannah then gave it to Jayson, who gave it to my family, Sophie got it Sunday (in the car on the way home) and I got it Monday. Lovely.

Luckily we are all healthy again! Thank you to our families. It is such a blessing to be part of such amazing families.

Warning: Picture Overload


Christmas Eve
 One of my favorite Christmas Eve traditions is helping my mom bake all of our holiday food. This year we made tea ring, 2 jellos, quiche, and soup.

Kylan was a hero and helped entertain these little ladies so my sister and I could help my mom.


 Sophie and Eloise
I think they will be good friends
 Serelle helping Mimi make the tea ring

Kenzie surprised the little girls with an early Christmas gift.
(I usually don't support girls waiting for missionaries, but in this case... I do!) 

 For as long as I can remember we have been going to my grandparents 
for a Christmas Eve dinner and program
Opening Christmas jammies





Christmas Morning

Checking out the loot Santa brought






Savannah eyeing her cousin's new toy

Mimi's present of princess dresses was well received by the girls


After church and ready for naps




Ice Skating at the Gallivan Center in SLC


I can't believe how well this little lady did! 
She is almost as good as her mother.


One of my favorite moments...


Eden, UT
Savannah's first time skiing at Snowbasin






Bowling at the Solomon Center in Ogden

This little pork chop sure loves her grammy!

We are so thankful for such a wonderful Christmas break and to be able to spend it with family! 

1 comment:

BrittWilk said...

cute, cute christmas post!! looks like you guys had sooo much fun! glad you still got a whole week off. i still miss those long school breaks once in a while too. :)