February 23, 2013

February

Happy Valentines!


 As I looked at the table I set for Valentine's Day breakfast I laughed a little to myself and thought 
"I am my mother"


 One of our favorite traditions- heart-attacking daddy's car at work!


 Poor Sophie only took a 15 minute car nap and ended up like this at 5 o'clock

 Valentine Dinner!

For my birthday I asked Jayson to take a day off of work and I wanted to go to UT to see my family.  Jayson had made a few surprise plans for my birthday weekend, but everything changed when we got the phone call that Jayson's grandpa Cliff had passed away and his viewing/funeral would be the same weekend.  So, we still went to UT but under different circumstances. 

We left super early on Friday, the 15th and made it to UT in time for lunch with my parents at Me Kong (our favorite thai place)!  We made it to the Clark's in time for a few minutes of relaxation before we got dressed up for the viewing.  We had a family viewing at 4pm where the funeral director took time to talk to the kids about the body and spirit and what happens when we pass away.  Jayson had Savannah with the big cousins right next to the casket while the man was explaining.  He asked if anyone knew what was missing from Grandpa Cliff and Savannah piped up and said, "his spirit".  It was so sweet and tender. We had talked to her about what happens when someone passes away on the drive to UT.  While in the car she said, "we will have to take an alligator (elevator) to see Grandpa Cliff, cause heaven is far away".  It was a good reminder that our little ones are probably more aware of things than we think.  They are fresher from heaven than we are.  

After wrestling the girls for almost 2 hours at the viewing we went to McDonalds with some of the sister in laws and cousins.  My parents went to the viewing and then met up with us at the Clarks to say Happy Birthday to me again.  
 I know I look exhausted... I was
 Savannah was much too busy playing with cousins to want to take a picture

 I love how Sophie was loving her mimi.
So sweet.

 Jayson got me my favorite. 
Ice cream cake!


The day of the funeral was really neat. We met at the church at 12:30 so the kids could practice their song for the program- I am a Child of God, into Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam (Cliff's favorite song). We then had a family prayer and closed the casket. It was sad for me to say goodbye to Cliff, but we were all happy he decided to go in time for Valentines with his wife Margaret. What a sweet reunion that must have been.  The actual funeral was close to 2 hrs long, which was hard for Sophie, but everything that was said was so neat. Cliff was such a hard worker and did such a great job of instilling that into his children and grandchildren. 
 Very cool to have the Air Force place the flag

We sure love our Grandpa Cliff and will miss him very much

All 8 of the Clark children and their families stayed for church on Sunday.
Quite the group!



4 comments:

Mitch said...

Love these photos. Happy Belated Birthday!

RaCHeL said...

You are such a cute mom! Loved your v-day meals. :) I'm glad you got to be with family for your birthday but I'm so sorry for the loss of a grandfather. Looks like it was a wonderful service dedicated to a wonderful man. I love thinking about the joining his wife on valentines. That's sweet. Love you guys!

Jen and Ky said...

You are just like our mother...

Your girls are beyond darling and we are counting down the days to Scottie's farewell when we get to see you all!!! It has been far, far too long.

Alisha said...

What a neat event! Happy belated birthday! How sweet is Savannah - they really are aware and so close to the spirit. I love you! You look so HOT in all these pics!! Jayson is a lucky man! :)