October 24, 2008

Little Projects...

Hi Vee (a local grocery store) donated over 20,000 trees to the Omaha public schools. Each student got to take one baby tree home and plant it. So I took one too!



We have named it our "love fern" and we are excited to see how much it grows in the three years we are here.




I also joined a quilting group! A friend of mine in the neighborhood makes darling quilts and is nice enough to teach all of us how to do it as well. I have started working on mine. Jayson took these pictures Sunday morning so that is why there are no pictures of my face :)




I have finished the front but am still working on the back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julianne I am so impressed! How fun to learn a new hobby! Your quilt is so cute already! Good luck!

Primary said...

Hearing you joined a quilting group has made me so happy. I need you to come see me, make some grilled cheese and tomato soup... and maybe hold my hand. Okay? Loves you!

RaCHeL said...

How fun! I love the quilt! You picked out some great fabric! Good job! I need to bust out my sewing machine. :)

Cassidy Clark said...

So cute Jules! I can't wait to see it finished!

Erin and Corey said...

Wow, I would be scared to even pick up a project like that. I love the fabric! I guess Jayson called Corey the other day and said you two were great! We miss you guys.

Chatty Natty said...

You go girl! I hope you enjoyed your solo weekend:)