October 26, 2008

Short but Sweet



Jayson and I flew home to Utah last Friday for Michael's farewell. It was short and sweet but totally worth every second! We got so excited flying into Salt Lake and seeing the mountains and the temples that dot the valley! Jayson's parents picked us up from the airport Friday night and we went out to dinner at our favorite little mexican restaurant in Centerville. We hung out at the house and went to bed fairly early since we had family pictures with my family the next morning at 8 am!





After family pictures on Saturday Jayson went golfing with the boys and the girls finished helping my mom get the food ready and then we went to Rumbi (which was especially good since there aren't any in Omaha). Jayson got to spend time with his grandpa and I went to Andrew's soccer game with the rest of the family. After the game we met up with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents for pizza at the park. It was so fun to see my cousins, especially Val with her new little baby Rio! Sunday morning we helped my mom get all the farewell food ready (Cafe Rio pork salads). Michael was a little nervous for his talk Sunday morning but he did an amazing job! He gave such a great talk and was a really powerful speaker. I am so proud of him, he is going to be a great missionary in Canada. I am so excited for all the experiences he is going to have and I can't wait to write letters to him. I of course got a little teary on the plane ride back to Omaha. It was just so fun to see family and friends. Well... only two months till Christmas!


5 comments:

Kacey said...

I can't believe Michael is going on his mission! Since I don't get to see you all much, he is forever stuck in my head as a little kid. Man I feel old!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

I'm glad you had a good trip home. It sounds like you were busy! I loved all your pics...I can't believe how much your two youngest brother's have changed since the last time I saw them! Anyway, we miss you guys. Troy and I need to get serious about planning a trip to come see you :)

Kim said...

How fun! Hey guess what I think that Crieghton is only like 9 hours. I know that seems long but we should see if there is anything in between Denver and Creighton and we could meet up and spent the night in a hotel and have fun!!! :) Okay I just looked on the map and it is pretty much prairie land... but I haven't given up hope yet :)

RaCHeL said...

I'm so glad that you got to go home! Can you believe that Christmas is only 2 months away?! Crazy!

Alisha said...

FUN! Dang I wish I could've seen you! But that maybe was the weekend before I was there. Your family is getting so big! Tell them hi for me! Can't wait to see you over Christmas!