Jayson and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas with his parents. Nate and Paige came for Christmas Eve dinner and Coleen, of course, prepared an outstanding spread of delicious food (unfortunately I was a little under-the-weather) but I did my best to try one bite (literally, only one bite) of everything. Christmas morning was really relaxed, we slept in and opened presents about 10 am and then went out to breakfast at IHOP. Coleen said she had made Christmas morning breakfast since 1971 and was ready for a break! It was really fun! We also got to talk to my little brother on his mission in Canada. My older brother put together a big conference call and my whole family was on the same call even though we were far away from each other. After the phone call Jayson and I went with his parents and saw the movie "Yes Man" (I don't recommend it) and then just hung out and played games.
Clark Family Christmas Tree
Jayson and his new pants!
Jayson helping Jay Dee figure out a new gift.
The beautiful Clark home
Jay Dee and Coleen's Christmas gift to the family this year was to take all 34 of us to Eden and spend time together in cabins, skiing and just hanging out. The highlights were: Marley and Me, bowling, family nights, Jayson's french toast with Magelby's syrup 2x, skiing at Snow Basin, watching movies, playing games, the Clark family talent show (especially all the piano pieces), watching the grandkids spend time with one another, and of course watching Jayson and his brothers bond!
The gathering room we rented out every night for dinner and activities. It was perfect!
A woman after my own heart. Reading by the fire while everyone else is socializing. I loved it!
Natalie comforting her two girls :)
A few of the grandkids
Jayson playing his piano piece "Pinwheels"
The Clark boys whistling... (enough said)
All the girls showing off the darling aprons Coleen got us. Since Carie wasn't there, Greg decided to step in for her :) He makes a beautiful housewife!
Skiing at Snowbasin!
Thanks for everything Jay Dee and Coleen! The best Christmas gift is being able to spend time with family! We miss them already and are looking forward to the August trip!
2 comments:
Yeah! Thank you! It's funny, but I've never seen the Clark's house - it is beautiful and I'm very impressed with the lights! Looks like such a fun time, thanks for posting a blog for me! :)
The whistling video brought back so many memories of Jayson! We always knew when you guys were headed over to our place 'cause we could hear the whistling! Love it :)
Glad you had a good Christmas with the Clarks :)
Post a Comment