Well since I get tired of other people not updating their blogs, I suppose I should update mine.
We are home from Christmas and back to real life here in the depths of our first Omaha Winter. Jayson is already busy studying for his second semester of sophomore year, and already thinking about the boards he has to take this summer. He is finally getting more "hands-on" experience in the lab, rather than listening to lectures. I am back to work with the kidlets and have already had a cold (go figure) from them. We keep busy these long, cold days with work, school, friends, and of course a few great television shows. It is a good thing we have DVR because there are just so many good shows on right now. We start the week off with Bachelor on Monday, then American Idol, mid-week Lost, and (it's almost Friday) The Office. It is amazing that I get anything done with all of these shows to watch :) Since I have been busy being a bum, I finished the scarf I was going to give my mom for Christmas! I will give it to her (maybe) when I see her next. When we are not being bums watching TV we try to fulfill our church callings. Jayson is gone at least one evening of the week plus an 8 hour Sunday and I just taught Relief Society on Sunday (I am the Teachings of Our Times teacher- the best calling ever!) I taught Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Lift Where You Stand" . It was such a good talk, it was really fun to read and prepare a lesson for.
The most exciting thing about these cold, bleak months is that I just got 4 days off of work so I can play with my mom and my sister when they come to visit in 10 DAYS!!! I can hardly stand how excited I am! At first when they planned the trip I thought "it's only going to be a month since I saw them last.." but guess what? It couldn't come any sooner- I miss them so much!
That's it for now- next time I will have pictures of me, mom and sis. Yeah!
9 comments:
It's always good to have an update! :) Seriously, those shows are great! I just wish you could watch American Idol online. Boo! Sounds like things are going great! I'm glad you get to have your mom & sis come. My sister comes next week! Love visitors!
Loved the update :) I seriously miss you tons! I miss walking 10 steps to your apartment. I miss dancing together, studying together, having most of our classes together. I miss watching all of those shows together, sitting with you guys in church, and I miss just talking to you. Remember how our husbands always wondered how we could find so many things to talk about. We'd be together all day, and then we'd still be able to talk for hours. Love it! I guess I'm having a bit of a moment. The Richardson's just miss the Clark's ok!!! Thanks for being such amazing friends to us. Anyway, have so much fun with your mom and sister. Tell them I say hi :)
I so wish you were around so we could be TV junkies together. I have the exact same line-up... except with an additional Grey's Anatomy session. With Corey gone so much, that's all I do, really. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! That is so fun that your family is coming to visit! Let us know if you make another trip back here and we'll catch up. (PS- Corey is going to Omaha in Feb. He'll probably call Jayson soon.)
Haha! You sound like us. I too am obsessed with American Idol, the Bachelor, and the Office. (just to name a few) Guess I should probably start being less of a "bum" as well.
Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!!! We can't wait to come visit! I have to admit that I am feeling a little bit weird about leaving Lili and kind of wish I could bring her. But I know she'll be in great hands with her dad and it will be fun to just have some big girl time before it's impossible to leave the house with two! See you soon!
Hello dear! So I stumbled across your blog on courtneys and I hope you don't mind, I added you to ours! How the heck are you! I get the feeling your not in utah? What are you doing out of state?! We might be moving too for Brians job soon, I don't know! But you look as beautiful as ever. I hope life is good for both of you!
Love linds!
So fun that your mom and Jen are coming to see you. I am sure you will have a blast. Visitors are a pretty big deal when you live far away, especially during the freezing cold winter.
Ummm Do I know you?
Hi Julianne!! This is Whitney Taylor from high school! I found your blog from Lindsey's and thought I would say hi!! You look so happy and cute! Hope everything is going great in Nebraska!
Post a Comment