Jayson was lucky enough to spend his birthday in Utah with family! We had a really fun day with his family. It started bright and early going to the temple with his mom while she played the organ. She had a few family names that Jayson and I did baptisms for and then went directly upstairs to do initiatories for. It was really neat to go from one ordinance to the other for the same person. After the temple, Jayson opted for a homemade breakfast rather than going out, so we made french toast and the famous Magelby's syrup and then took a nap! It has been so long since we were able to take a nap in the middle of the day- it was so fun. Later in the afternoon we went and saw the movie Australia with Jayson's parents, which was really good. We went to dinner at the Roof that night with his parents and his brother and his wife. Temple Square is so beautiful in the winter and it was really fun to be close to the Salt Lake Temple. I made everyone walk around Temple Square for a little while to see the lights (I know we have done it before, but you appreciate it more when you have been away I think). After dinner we came home and opened presents. I think he had a great day and it was really fun to spend it with his family! I love you honey!



ALSO...While in Utah I was able to sneak in a lunch with high school friends

and a dinner with my college roommates (+Alisha).

It was sooo fun to catch up and see everyone. I of course, would have loved to stay hours longer- but it was great to see them. I know Jayson and I missed people that we really wanted to see, but we were crazy busy running from one family to the next. We love you all and thank you for making our trip to Utah the absolute best!
2 comments:
I love the temple pics! So pretty. It looks like you guys had a blast on your hubby's bday!
Happy Late Birthday! Looks like you had a fun break. How is everything over there?? We haven't seen you for YEARS!! :) We should plan something!
Post a Comment