We were lucky enough to be able to do an early Christmas with my family before we all headed off to the the in-laws. It was a huge success, and when possible, I think we should do it every year! The girls got together one afternoon and helped my mom finish cooking and working on my brother's Christmas gifts (quilts), Jayson went skiing with my brother and then we all met up for dinner. We also had two surprise guests...my grandparents! They drove all the way from Richfield and stayed the night. It was so fun to see them! I have really missed seeing my own immediate family, but also my grandparents! The next morning we had the traditional breakfast and exchanged our gifts to one another. My parents gave all of the married kids sleeping bags, which was really fun. We just hung out, watched movies, napped, and then took Lili sledding at the neighborhood hill.

Grandma and Grandpa Hawks on Christmas morning


Sleeping bags!

Sledding (what this picture doesn't show is the crash.... compliments of Jayson) :)

Visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Cline
1 comment:
It was fun, and I agree, it should become tradition! I hope you're surviving the freezing cold weather and order some good weather for when we come! I'm counting down the days!
Post a Comment