Jayson attended a meeting last week for all the church leaders in our area and the topic of the meeting was the importance of families. They talked about the fact that the most important thing that parents can teach their children is to love and respect the organization of the family. It is important to teach them the principles of the gospel, like faith, repentance, testimony, etc but it is just as important to teach them about families. They said any organization/idea that is anti-family is also anti-Christ. I thought that was quite a powerful statement, but I see the truth in it. Anything that is tearing down the family is not the work of our Father in Heaven. Jayson and I have talked about this a lot lately and how important it is for a child to be born into a family with a loving mother and father who love one another and are devoted to the child's happiness and success.
I am so grateful for my family, for my parents who taught me by example how important the family is. I am glad that my mom and dad had us sit down at the table to eat dinner together most evenings. I am glad that they tried to have family prayer and scripture study. When I was in high school (although it was annoying at the time) I am glad they didn't let me or my siblings hang out with friends both nights of the weekend. We could hang out one night but then the other night we had to stay home and be with the family. I am so grateful for my own little family- for Jayson and the amazing husband/father he is and little baby Savannah and how much joy she has brought into our home in the past 6 weeks.

I loved listening to General Conference last weekend and hearing all of the inspiring talks. I am so grateful to have a prophet and apostles on the earth to lead and guide us. I loved President Monson's talk about all of the children's acts of service for his birthday- so cute.
p.s. These amazing pictures were taken by my super talented friend Carissa (capturedbycarissa.blogspot.com).



5 comments:
I love her little chin!
congratulations you two!
Ok really? She is divine and you three make a gorgeous family! I'm counting down the days until we meet little Savavavanny as Maggie says. And the one of her with the flower....has Jayson written all over her:) I always knew he'd make the BEST husband and father! And you're not too bad yourself:)
The pics turned out great! I love her big eyes! I love the one of her & Jayson. So sweet! You look great Juls!
Julianne,
I just found your blog and I'm wanting to hold your precious little daughter! Congratulations she is so cute!
Can I add you to my blog list? I'd love to keep in touch.
We settled down in Logan. Our baby girl is due feb. 1. Please let me know when you are here in December and I will drive down. I'd love to see you!
Post a Comment