February 17, 2010

Valentines and a Birthday

I love Valentines Day! It is so much fun to be extra smoochy with my two favorite people! Ok, ok I also love the food involved. I had to use my heart shaped bundt not once, but twice. Each was delicious in its own way, but the last of the chocolate has to go today (or else I will eat it all!)

Poppy Seed

Double Chocolate


Let me go back... February 12th marked the 5 year anniversary of when Jayson proposed and I accepted. To celebrate, we had a tragedy..... my ring fell into the sink (unbeknownst to either of us) and I turned on the disposal... thinking it was just a teaspoon, I reached my hand in and pulled out a semi mangled wedding ring (its really not too bad, and I am crossing my fingers it is fixable). I was crushed! I couldn't believe I was the one to ruin my ring! The miracle part of the story is that we have insurance... Lesson to be learned, I will ALWAYS have insurance on my wedding ring. Totally worth the $90 a year. So, next step is to take it to a jeweler to see if repair is possible, if not we will get a check in the mail from our insurance. Sad day.


Back to Valentines. For breakfast Jayson and I made our favorite, waffles with strawberries and buttermilk syrup. We didn't want Savannah to be left out and decided we couldn't wait for her official 6 mo. birthday and went ahead and gave her rice cereal for the first time. Just as expected, she liked it. I have always known that she would be an "eater" like her mother.






My birthday was on President's Day and of course Jayson still had school. (He did surprise me by coming home early from school, which was amazing) So I celebrated with some girlfriends over lunch and then Jayson took me out later that night. We even got a babysitter. It was really fun to go to dinner just the two of us and then he took me shopping! Too bad the selection was poor, but what a great night nonetheless.

CPK

Just chilaxing with dad



Bath time.
This girl loves to splash in the tub and I thought this pic was funny
because her hair looks like the joker or something.

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I'm still sad that I missed out on your birthday lunch. :( We will have to go some time to make up for it! I am sorry about your ring!! That is terrible. And your cake looks great! And also Savannah is a doll as always! :)

RaCHeL said...

Those cakes look scrumdidliumcious! I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday! I don't blame you for not waiting til 6 mos to feed her. I'm already wanting to as well! Miss & love you!

Unknown said...

Happy late Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! oh and your cakes look delish! YUM!

Alisha said...

It's been 5 years?? Holy cow!! Where did that time go?? Your cake looks amazing andI love that Savannah is an eater! She's so cute!! I love your blog! Hope your ring is fixable!! Love you!

maddie said...

oh my gosh so many things to say. first, happy birthday woman! i feel so bad that i didn't call you on monday! is this the first time i've missed it since 2004?? shoot i think maybe. our friendship is not dwindling i promise. please forgive! sounds like it was lovely though. next - such a bummer about your ring. please post before and after pics. finally i had NO IDEA you were so close to kc (horrible at geography)!! makes me so so sad. we'll be back soon and i'll for sure make matt take a detour. we're quite close then because it only took us 7.5 hours to get there. we need to make trips to each others homes... okay enough of this novel. miss you girl. give savannah my love.

p.s. the best grocery store names ever. made me laugh out loud.