We went to San Diego for a Cline Family Reunion over the 24th of July. We stayed in Oceanside right on the beach in big condos. It was a lot of fun to spend time with all my cousins, aunts/uncles, and of course Grandma and Grandpa Cline. Grandma was quite the trooper coming on this trip. She had eye surgery only a few days before we left. We spent Sunday going to church and exploring Old Town San Diego. The Mormon Battalion Museum had really improved since the last time I had been there. The missionaries walk you through what it would have been like to be a part of the battalion. At one point (after a fake storm), the missionary walked in and asked if everyone was alright. Right on cue Savannah said "yeah" very loudly. Everyone laughed.
Mining for gold at the Mormon Battalion Museum
Savannah loves cousin Van
Monday was spent on the beach. Savannah was a little unsure of the waves at first, but Mimi helped her warm up to them.
Trying for a somersault in the sand
I am always a little uncomfortable in my swim suit. I either think I am too chubby or too white.
And this year I felt both.
But whenever you see someone like this... you feel a little better about things.
This man earned the Best Beach Body award
And this year I felt both.
But whenever you see someone like this... you feel a little better about things.
This man earned the Best Beach Body award
Serelle and Savannah watching movies with the big kids
Matching Jammies
Impossible to get a good picture with 4 squirmy girls
Impossible to get a good picture with 4 squirmy girls
Tuesday we went to Seaworld. I took 0 pictures. I was so excited for Savannah to see all of the animals. She liked everything, but wasn't as excited as I wanted her to be. Maybe because it was super hot and she only got a 15 minute nap in the stroller.
Wednesday was another beach day. It was a little cool in the morning, so the girls decided to bury uncle Andrew. Savannah looks a bit concerned..
Best Beach Baby
We had a great trip and were sad to leave. It was too short. We left plenty of time to get from Oceanside to the airport in San Diego but unfortunately our GPS led us astray and we ended up taking a few wrong turns and were the family that was running through the airport. But we made it to our gate with about 5 minutes to spare.





4 comments:
What a fun vacation! I love Oceanside. You look great lady! No need to worry about your bod. :) I love the beach bum. Literally! Ha ha!
We were in Oceanside that same week, we got there on the 23rd. Too bad we didn't run into eachother. :) Looks like you guys had fun, your girls are adorable!
Way to go, Jayson! You won the Beach Bod Award! (We all know it was you!)
Too chubby?! Are you kidding me? I am always baffled at how great you look right after kids. You are gorgeous! I did love the "half moon" picture, it actually reminded me of Grandpa Howdy at Lake Powell!
Post a Comment