August 26, 2012

Aspen Grove Family Camp

Immediately following the Ulcer bike race, we headed up Provo canyon to Aspen Grove Family Camp, where the Clark's were doing their annual reunion this year.
This place was beautiful! I truly loved everything about it (except the baby who slept in our room decided to not sleep most of the nights) There were day camps for all the kiddos- yes, even Sophie, and the parents were free to go to religion classes, water aerobics, archery, rifle shooting, hiking, the ropes course, arts and crafts, pretty much anything you can think of.  

Savannah loved all the animals she got to sit on

Jayson on the ropes course

I also did the ropes course (only because Jayson promised me $100 if I did)
but need to get the pictures from my sil

I think the baby bear was her absolute favorite


tired baby during the family games

Sophie being snuggled by her Taylie

The Clarks competing in "family games"  
more like
"brother games"
It was hilarious to see the big boys push the kids out of the way so they could get the "high score" and hope to be the overall family game champions. Although we had quite a few 1st place times, we were a little slow getting to the games and didn't finish all of them, thus, landing us in 3rd place overall.



Savannah and her cousin crush McKay. These two were quite the bff's during the trip-
holding hands, sharing treats, McKay even gave her his mood ring he had gotten from his day camp.

All the girls shooting guns

Jayson and I snuck away to hike Stewart Falls

It was a great hike- 
and even greater that we didn't have to drag 2 babies up the mountain with us :)



What a great man!

Grammie and her grandkids!
notice who is holding hands

Group Shot
notice I am the one in the black hat- someone-ahem- forgot to let me know the pictures were moved from AFTER dinner, to BEFORE.  When I got the "where are you" call I was just stepping out of the shower.  Thank you Jayson


Poor Savannah was so tired at dinner, that she just laid her head down on Jayson's lap and fell asleep.


Family Frontier night was a huge success, mostly due to the sno cones, train ride, and the toy horse Savannah rode for 30 minutes.

oh yes, and the ax Jayson got to throw


Hike to Timp Falls with Jonny and Cass


again, this is what it felt like to hike w/o babies

Carie met us at the top of the falls

Jayson and I on the rock wall
(this picture was taken by a 12 year old and doesn't do justice to the fact that I am afraid of heights and 
climbed super high. Notice Jayson's relaxed shoulders and mine are all hunched and tight)


On our drive back to ID we had to stop and say hello to Grandpa Cliff, 
who just turned 94 years young!

1 comment:

Mitch said...

I love this post!