Good Morning Birthday Girl!
Daddy woke Savannah up before he left for work (6:30 am) and gave her a birthday surprise of 5 tiny horses. She thanked him and went back to sleep for an hour and a half! Much to her mama's relief :)
Birthday breakfast was a cinnamon roll on the counter- she was in heaven
Our good friend Owen wasn't able to come to her birthday party later that night so he came over earlier to help decorate and give her an early birthday gift. Such cute friends.
(Don't mind Owen's feminine shorts- after so much excitement there was an accident and he needed to borrow some clothes. As I was searching Savannah's drawers I realized we are not very gender neutral- it's all girl around here. Owen was a good sport and didn't seem to mind :))
Birthday girl got to help mama make her cake and cupcakes
Her unfortunate cake
I wanted to do a "fancy" cake, but learned in the process that the store bought frosting doesn't do very well when piped :) And with absolutely no sugar in the cupboard, this is what we had.
Good thing she is 3 and was thrilled to just have ponies on her cake.
Good thing she is 3 and was thrilled to just have ponies on her cake.
Shrine to our Savannah
Birthday girl all dolled up for the party with her special balloons from daddy
She couldn't quite take her eyes off the balloons to smile for the camera
My pretty girl just moments before her birthday meltdown.
She accidentally let go of the balloons right after this.
If I wasn't frantically jumping in the air, it would have been a good picture.
She accidentally let go of the balloons right after this.
If I wasn't frantically jumping in the air, it would have been a good picture.
Waiting for friends to arrive
This munchers probably had 5 cupcakes. Every time I looked at her she had another one in her hand.
Daddy saved the day and replaced the fly away balloons
Blowing out the candle
All her friends
(and Sophie with her frosting goatee)
I was surprised at how well 3 year olds could swing at the Pinata
I was a little nervous to do a birthday party for a 3 year old and wondered if it would be worth it...
It was! Savannah was so sweet and just LOVED having all her friends over to our house.
Jayson and I have been soooo excited to giver her the birthday gift we got for her. A little preface...
Savannah began her love affair with all things pony/horse when we bought the movie Spirit around Easter. Any time she goes to a friend's house, she comes home and reports if they have ponies or not. She points out all the horses as we are driving and was thrilled to pet a real horse at Grandpa Howdy's. We have many a pony at our house with a few My Little Ponies and a few dollar store horses. But we didn't have...
a ginormous rideable horse
Yes, it has slept in bed with her every night since
she got it.
she got it.









5 comments:
I'm laughing so hard right now at the last picture!!! She is too funny sleeping with that HUGE pony. :) What a fun party! Loved all the decor & your cake still looked adorable even though the frosting was a flop. ;) Sophie is my kind of gal eating those cupcakes! Yum! Miss yoU!
hahahahaha best post ever. happy birthday cute savannah! where oh where did you get that pony balloon? i honestly want one for myself. and so freakin funny that she sleeps with the huge horse. marriage and sleeping with a man will not be such a hard transition for this little one. anyway, hope you're well. and she looks just beautiful, btw :)
What a cutie! I can't believe she is so old already! I remember coming to your house to hold her when she was born!!! And I am seriously still laughing of the picture of the horse in bed with her. That is hilarious! Happy Birthday Savannah!!
This is awesome! Everything.
I cant believe how beautiful Savannah is!!! her hair is so long. Looks like she had a fabulous birthday. hope all is well.
Post a Comment